Monday, March 21, 2011

Shirtlessness, the Old Fashioned Way

I realize that I have been a terrible blogger by not keeping to my schedule. Alas, rehearsing a repertory season is a bit more taxing than I expected and the internet connection in our apartments is not quite as amenable as promised. So my apologies for slowing down on the shirtlessness front. It is a cause that I continue to support but perhaps not as vocally on the internet as previously. I assure you that my commitment remains unwavering in spite of the obstacles that time and the internet put before me.

Today I am posting Clark Gable in honor of the play that I am currently working on, which tells a fictionalized account of the creation of the script for "Gone with the Wind." My castmates and I watched the movie as research, and I found myself incredibly compelled by Mr. Gable. He had such an ease on screen. While I realize that his shirtlessness is not the best by today's overwrought standards, there is something quintessentially male about Clark Gable, and I thought it was worth celebrating.

In other news, I have discovered that although there is a rule in the park against running shirtless, there does not seem to be a rule against standing around shirtless. Now that the temperature has hit the 80s, the shirts are coming off. I'm not sad to say it. Things are definitely starting to look up on the shirtless front!

In the wake of my absence, I think I have to look at paring back my posting schedule to once a week on Mondays. I hope that my fellow IMS members will understand that sometimes learning and performing three plays at the same time can whittle away time once dedicated to blogging. I continue to encourage and promote good shirtlessness in my everyday life and hope that my Monday posts will carry the mantle for this short period away. I continue to be...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: