Monday, October 28, 2013

Share the Shirtlessness

One of my favorite dance companies, Keigwin + Company, is celebrating its 10 year anniversary with a week of performances at the Joyce Theater kicked off by an Opening Night benefit tomorrow night.  I won't be able to attend the gala because I will be at another benefit for a theater company on whose board I sit, Rising Circle Theater Collective.  I'm a bit surprised that there are two galas that would appeal to my demographic happening on the same night and that I will be attending the one without shirtlessness.  I guess October 29th is a hot night!  In any case, I have admired Larry Keigwin's athletic and humorous choreography (to pick a mere two adjectives to describe his work) for many years.  I was at the Joyce Soho when he premiered his dance on a mattress which marked the beginning of his company.  To gear up for the anniversary season, the company has produced a series of mattress dance videos, one of which I have posted for you.  Obviously, I posted the shirtless one, but I encourage you to check out the others to get a sense of his whimsical work.  The one with the baby is my favorite!

Until next time, I continue to be...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: