Monday, February 24, 2014

Happy Opening Night!

I'm in the midst of a workshop for my latest full-length play, and so I don't have time to say much other than Happy Opening to the cast and crew of "Kung Fu," the best shirtlessness Off Broadway.  I'm posting this smiling picture of its star, Cole Horibe, because I think it captures both his great shirtlessness and his excellent accessory to shirtlessness, kindness.  In most of the publicity shots, he looks like he is going to kill someone (he is playing Bruce Lee after all), but here you get a glimmer of his personal gentleness.  I think it's a great metaphor for the show itself which has a lot of dynamic movement and some flashy effects at the end, both wrapping a heart of gold that exposes the difficulties of minority actors in the business.  I don't think I could offer a better cheer to the whole cast than Kick Butt!

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: