Friday, November 7, 2008

Ode to Being President




Now that the election is over and I don't have an ulcer, I can take some time to reflect on job itself instead of the candidate. As President of IMS, I have learned a thing or two about leading people through murky times around tricky topics, and I thought that perhaps our new President-elect might appreciate some thoughts from an activist and community organizer of a different type. First of all, know that everyone will not like all of your choices all of the time. When I spoke out against full frontal nudity for Orson on DH, I received a very nasty comment about my taste - and that too on a blog that almost no one ever comments on! Second of all, you may have ideas that make sense and are popular that still don't result in change. Why was Eric Dane completely covered up for all of last season? Finally, you may try to rally your constituents behind one cause only to find them rallying behind another. When I was happy to post multiple pictures of Michael Phelps this summer, I received many requests for pictures of other swimmers. I'll just say that it takes a person who can roll with the punches to be president of anything, and I am happy to say that after this campaign, I feel confident in our new President's ability to do just that. And the good news is that sometimes when you least expect it, someone who has followed your path can send you something out of the blue that makes you feel really happy, like the picture that I am posting today.

This picture, of course, leads me to remind you all that the new Bond film opens next Friday. I bought my ticket today! There is nothing like scheduled excellent shirtlessness. This will relieve a little bit of the pressure on the shows next week since I know some banner shirtlessness will be had on Friday night. Sigh.

I only caught GA tonight and was disappointed in the lack of shirtlessness again, although I must admit it was fun to watch McSteamy fail at seducing Christina. This is basically every nerdy girl's fantasy (including mine) - that a hot guy repeatedly throws himself at her while she is too busy to notice. Of course, in my fantasy I eventually do realize that the hot guy will take off his shirt if I ask him to and I do, but it was fun to watch a dream come true on television anyway. Maybe part two will happen next week. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

PS. Did anyone notice the commercial for "Australia" during GA? I think some Thanksgiving shirtlessness is coming our way, and a lot of it!

No comments: