Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

Last night after my writers' lab, I only had time to watch UB which featured exactly no male shirtlessness. Did I care? No! This morning I read the review of "Quantum of Solace" in the New York Times which was not terribly positive. Did I care? No! Why am I so carefree on this rather glum New York morning? Because today is November 14th, and with the opening of "Quantum of Solace," I am guaranteed some excellent male shirtlessness. Hurrah! Our activist effort is making a difference, one Bond film at a time. Frankly, that's really all that the President of IMS can hope for on any given day.

So even though there was no shirtlessness on "Ugly Betty" last night, I did enjoy that blast from the past, Ralph Macchio! After looking exactly the same for at least 20 years, he was barely recognizable on the show. In fact, I hadn't noticed that it was him when he was on two weeks ago. I'm not sure how I feel about him taking off his shirt yet, but it's nice to see a teen heart-throb come back to guest star on a hit show. It's makes my 80s-loving heart all tingly. Meanwhile, why has Connor not taken off his shirt? ABC needs to fix this error pronto...

I'm sure that Mr. Craig will put me in a reverie for the rest of the weekend which means that I won't care whether anyone takes their shirts off on GA or DH and may be able to put up with another week of whiny neuroses on B&S. We can thank a mysterious "Sweetcheeks" for the fun video above. I had to post it since it did frontload the shirtlessness. Now I have to pick out my outfit for the premier, something tasteful that allows for massive swooning. I'll be sure to post all about it on Monday. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

deetz -- thought you'd enjoy this from today's Daily News:

Star asks Daniel Craig if he'll stick to weightier roles post-James Bond, and he says yes, but that right now, "I've got a beach towel and a very large cocktail somewhere, hopefully, waiting for me, or eight!" So by "weightier" he may mean Vince Vaughn weighty, not Adrien Brody weighty.

A side note: Craig says he's comfortable with nude scenes, but that he'll never again put on those tiny blue swim trunks. I take this to mean that in all future movies, Bond will skinny-dip.