Friday, August 28, 2009

Broadway Shirtlessness?

I recently met someone who will be working on the upcoming Broadway production of "A Steady Rain" that will star Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman. The play, of course, is a major source of excitement for IMS members in New York, and meeting someone associated with the production almost caused a swoon. However, when I asked whether Mr. Craig and Mr. Jackman would be shirtless in the production, the answer was decidedly uncertain. What?! How can you have not one but TWO IMS posterboys on a Broadway stage and not have them take their shirts off? I am outraged. While admittedly, both Mr. Craig and Mr. Jackman are fine actors, unlike some other IMS posterboys, both seem to find a reason to take their shirts off in all of their recent films. Take a look at the picture posted above; doesn't he look like a shirtless cop in this photo? And if Hugh Jackman can give Barbara Walters a lap dance on national television, he can take his shirt off on Broadway. That's what I have to say. Broadway Producers take note: We want good male shirtlessness, and the boys of "Mamma Mia" do not count!

I also forgot to write in my last post how much I enjoy that in the Calvin Klein ads, Eva Mendes' accessory is a hot shirtless male model. That definitely makes me want to buy Calvin Klein jeans. If only every pair came with a sexy accessory like Jaime Dornan! I will continue to dream. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: