Monday, March 15, 2010

ABC Moving in the Right Direction!

Okay, I know I have to stop posting pictures of Gilles Marini because he was IMS Poster Boy 2009, but I can't help it. I welcome suggestions for anyone else who gives as good shirtlessness as he does since I am currently blinded by his amazing abs. I'd like to take a moment to congratulate ABC for finally figuring out that the best way to open an hour-long show is with good male shirtlessness. GA began with a nice shot of Eric Dane doing some shirtless yoga, and B&S opened with a post-coital bedroom scene. Well played, ABC! Give us what we want right up front, and you'll find that we are a very happy audience. I will even buy that a 40-something mother of two has purple satin sheets as long as Gilles is shirtless upon them.

I will say that the VP of IMS and I recently had a conversation about how some of these shirtless images achieve iconic stature which then makes it harder for us to enjoy the simple shirtlessness that comes later. Who can forget Eric Dane coming out of the shower in a hand towel? That shot is burned into my memory, and although I am all for Eric Dane working out shirtless in every episode of GA, I have to say nothing will ever compare to that scene. Similarly, Gilles in the pool, all wet and in a black speedo, is probably not to be repeated. But I appreciate that the network continues to try!

I thought the shows were fun last night, although the Gilles working a brothel was a bit much for me. Also, I have to take offense at the paparazzi calling Sarah a cougar for dating Luc. I think I officially do not like the term cougar since it seems to apply to perfectly attractive women who date younger than themselves. So if Sarah who is supposed to be in her early 40s dates Luc who is supposed to be in his 30s, she is a cougar. Meanwhile Jeff Bridges wins an Oscar for portraying a 57 year-old man who falls in love with a 32 year-old woman. Was he called any kind of predatory animal? I think not.

I will get over my grumpiness on this issue by looking for some other shirtless pictures for Friday, Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: