Friday, March 19, 2010

Just Because

Yesterday, I saw a man in Grand Central Station who looked like Blair Underwood, and I thought that I had never posted him before and should. So here he is. Just because. It's a perk of being president, I can post whomever I want. Blair Underwood is a sexy sexy man and should be shirtless often.

No new tv last night left me with lots of time to ponder the predicament of the winners of the Best Actress Oscar who seem all to lose the love in their lives after the tremendous achievement in their work. While Hollywood is hardly the conducive place to having a healthy relationship (apparently it's in a competition for dysfunction with Washington), I think it's interesting that most of the Oscar winners of late have been married women who seemed very happy in their relationships until they won. Since one doesn't seem to see the same effect in the Best Actor category, one can't help but wonder if being recognized for one's work as a woman is somehow detrimental to relationships and why. It makes me a little bit sad since I've been deluded this morning with segments on the talk shows about how important it is for successful women to soothe their men's egos. I've never seen a segment on how gingerly successful men should treat the women in their lives. Hmmm...

It just goes to show you that shirtlessness is not everything. But good shirtlessness matched with fidelity seems like a winning combination.

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: