Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Birthday, Bobby!


I recently saw "These Seven Sicknesses" at The Flea Theater and can happily report that it contained a lot of good shirtlessness. Apparently in addition to performing a 4 and half hour show and serving the audience dinner and dessert, the cast also works out. A lot. "These Seven Sicknessess" is an adaptation of seven Greek plays put together in an evening long format to emulate the days of theater that occurred in Greek times. I'll admit I had serious concerns about being able to sit through four and half hours of anything, but I truly had a great time. The evening format was delightful, and serving food during the intermissions created a very social and convivial atmosphere. My friend Bobby (whose last name I will not post to avoid any strange Google alerts or unhappiness from an agent) was in the show giving excellent shirtlessness and steered me to this trailer for it. As you can see, the "Ajax" segment features quite a bit of male shirtlessness. It won't give anything away to tell you that a large portion of it features Ajax talking to sheep who are all either wearing bras or shirtless depending on gender. In addition to the good shirtlessness, it also featured a fantastic fight sequence. Overall, a great night at the theater!

It also happens to be my friend Bobby's birthday today. So happy birthday, Bobby! May this be the first of many shirtless birthdays for you!

This will be the final segment in my birthday trilogy. Having celebrated Erin, George Washington, and Bobby here, I think we are ready to move on. Hopefully I'll find something else to celebrate by Monday. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: