Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscar Shirtlessness

Congratulations to all the winners of last night's Academy Awards! After the great fun I had last year in Alabama dressing up as the Black Swan, I found this year a bit underwhelming. But I was happy with the show, primarily because Billy Crystal kept things moving along and seemed to be sober. I also thought the speeches were across the board excellent, classy and humble. Meryl Streep thanking her husband first made me cry. And Jean Dujardin has that French accent which makes everything sound wonderful. I loved his screaming "Formidable!" at the end of his speech - his exuberance was infectious, even at the end of a three hour spectacle. Little do we in the US know about his career in France, but apparently, as seen above, he is not unfamiliar with good male shirtlessness, and I look forward to seeing more of him in the future.

In the meantime, our New York "winter" seems to be coming to an end, and I suspect that some live male shirtlessness may be just around the corner. Let's hope! Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: