Monday, July 9, 2012

Call Me Immediately!

As I have said before, there are some wonderful benefits to being the President of IMS.  I recently experienced one of them when an IMS member posted this video on my Facebook wall.  How happy it made me as I prepared for my European vacation!  How I hoped that my tour of Italy would include shirtless Abercrombie models dancing across the Ponte Vecchio or on the Spanish Steps!  Sadly, my tour did not include the kind of shirtlessness displayed here, but I think that just means I need to go back again soon!  In any case, I kind of love this video and now kind of love this song.

On other fronts, while I was away, the seminal IMS film "Magic Mike" opened to surprisingly warm reviews, and I am planning an IMS outing to see it on Wednesday night.  We have a good group of IMS members pumped and ready to go see this coming of age tale of a male stripper just trying to find love.  I read somewhere that the screenplay is based loosely on Channing Tatum's own life.  I don't know whether this fascinates or scares me, but wait till Wednesday, and we will find out!  Mr. Tatum was an early favorite of IMS from his hip-hop turn in "Step Up" and I think you all know that I went to see "He's the Man" by myself in the theater just for the delightful mash up of his shirtlessness and Shakespeare.  So I am really looking forward to Wednesday.  Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: