Friday, November 16, 2012

Latin Shirtlessness



I was in Mexico at the beginning of the week on a gig and could not post, but in honor of my trip and "Skyfall" which I am still talking about, I present you with Javier Bardem.  I know M. Bardem is not Mexican, but I thought I would go for a Latin theme.  And also, after the performance he gives in "Skyfall," I wanted to post him.  He is such a delightful mix of creepy and compelling in the film.  I did not want him to take his shirt off in this particular film, but I know for most of "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" I wondered why he was wearing a shirt.  And no matter what the role, M. Bardem is simply a sexy man.

While I know world traveling sounds very glamorous, I assure you that it isn't always.  This is the second time that I have been to Mexico for work and had a difficult time finding Mexican food.  Last time I stayed at an Japanese resort outside of Mexico City that only served Asian food, and this time I stayed in a hotel in Mexico City that was celebrating the flavors of Indonesia for some strange reason.  Mexico is not where I would normally go for Asian cuisine.  Luckily I was able to find a delightful taqueria next to the hotel and stuff myself full of chicken and bacon tacos.  Also the weather was overcast from the moment I checked in to the hotel until the drive back to the airport which dashed all my hopes of live shirtlessness.  Sometimes things just do not go my way, and I am grateful that I have this blog to rely upon for my shirtless fix.  May you all have better luck with live shirtlessness than me, dear IMS members.  Until then, I continue to be...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: