Monday, January 21, 2013

Dreams Come True


On Martin Luther King Day which also happens to be the Inaugural Day of President Barack Obama, I have to pause and think about dreams.  Because today one man's dream is coming true in another man's life, and it's hard not to appreciate how putting an idea out there can change the course of history, even if not in your own lifetime.  I wonder if Dr. King could have ever imagined a day when an African American President would give a speech facing a statue of him.  I wonder what dreams that each of us puts out into the world by speaking them can come true in the next 50 years.

I have many dreams.  Yes, some of them involve male shirtlessness and honestly some of those dreams have already come true.  But there are still lots out there that I put a little energy into each day to make a reality.  And today I pause not to be frustrated that things are not happening fast enough but to savor the process by which dreams do become reality.

One of my friends has been having some of his dreams come true lately.  I don't know if being posted to my blog is one of them, but here he is showing a little bit of skin in a publicity shot from his show "Copper."  My dream is that he does take his shirt off in Season 2 because not only does he meet the Two Point Standard, but he also exhibits my favorite accessory to shirtlessness, kindness.  His dreams have inspired mine, and I hope they will inspire yours too.  Until the next time, I remain...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: