Monday, January 28, 2013

International Shirtlessness



Over the weekend, I had a funny conversation about K-pop with a friend that led us to the subject of Rain, the K-pop sensation who frequently takes off his shirt.  In the spirit of my New Year's Resolution to present a wider scope of shirtlessness, I thought I would post him and his good shirtlessness.  I don't know that much about K-Pop aside from Psy and the little bit that I sampled once when I had to choreograph a number to a K-pop tune in a show last year.  Obviously, I made one of the dancers take off his shirt in the number.  Dancing shirtless seems to be the international symbol for "I'm having fun and would like you to have fun as well."  It's good stuff.

This winter is bleak for shirtlessness.  The extreme cold prevents pretty much anyone from seeing the sun, and so I'm giving everyone who lives here a pass on shirtlessness for the next month.  Seriously, it is so cold and cloudy that I am almost white.  No one needs to be blinded by sunless torsos.  This makes the blog even more important as a source of regular shirtlessness. I say to you, my fellow IMS members, that these are the days in which our mettle will be tested to hang on to the cause even though the most popular show on tv right now is Downton Abbey in which no one does or should take his shirt off.  But carry on brave members.  Hope is not lost, and spring is around the corner.  Until then, I remain...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: