Monday, January 14, 2013

Leaving Las Vegas


I spent the last week in Sin City, working on a live performance at the Consumer Electronics Show.  I was excited for a week in the desert in the middle of a very cold New York winter and then learned the cold hard truth that the desert can also freeze.  In fact a few days it was colder in Vegas than in New York.  I tried not be bitter about the bikini wax I had gotten in anticipation of warm weather and focused on the fact that quite a few celebrities were supposed to be at CES, several of whom are known for their good shirtlessness.  Adam Levine was scheduled to play on Monday night, and I instructed the rest of the cast to scream "Take your shirt off!" if they saw him.  Sadly, we never saw Mr. Levine, and I did not give explicit directions about other potential good shirtlessness which resulted in half the cast meeting Tyson Beckford and Mr. Beckford's shirt remaining on.  It was a crushing blow.  So between the freezing cold and the poor instructions, it was not a good week for male shirtlessness.

My only reprieve was when I went to see "Vegas! The Show" in which a friend was performing.  Halfway through the review-style show, my fellow CES cast-mate leaned over and asked "Why are their shirts still on?" of the four male dancers working hard on stage.  I felt a surge of pride knowing that I had just found the newest member of IMS.  And then, as if on cue, the dancers exited and re-entered shirtless.  We all started clapping with joy. A good time was had by all, and I was satisfied that at least I had experienced some male shirtlessness while in Vegas.  Not the kind I was hoping for, but something nonetheless.  I'll just keep hoping for my expectations to be met eventually.  Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: