Monday, February 4, 2013

Concept Shirtlessness


I had to post this commercial since my phone started to blow up last night when it aired.  I missed it in real time because I was out eating a fine French meal in an empty restaurant for Restaurant Week with some girlfriends who also did not care about the Super Bowl.  We did, however, get to watch Beyonce at the halftime show on the television in the bar.  In any case, after I came home and watched "Downton Abbey," I looked up this ad and found it quite pleasing on a cold winter night.  After several viewings, I still don't understand why this product is called "Concept" unless the concept is to stretch all the time wearing nothing but underwear, but let's face it, I don't really care. I'm happy that someone thought to put a commercial targeted at the girls and gays on the Super Bowl.  After all, Beyonce was performing.

Speaking of which, I'd also like to applaud the Super Bowl Entertainment Committee for presenting "Divas Live" last night.  Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keyes, and Beyonce all in one night?  That is some incredible lung capacity going on right there.  Not to mention the surprise reunion of Destiny's Child. I had no idea who won the game when I went to bed last night, but I was very clear that Michelle, Kelly, and Beyonce were ready to bring it whenever necessary.  Grrl Power!  They were so fierce that the lights went out!

So if this is the trend, well then, I might take to watching the Super Bowl again.  If only the players would play shirtless!  Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: