Friday, March 8, 2013

Special Request Shirtlessness



Recently a certain IMS member suggested to me that Theo James was worth returning to on this blog.  Some of you may remember Mr. James as the sultry if weak-hearted Mr. Pamuk on Season 1 of "Downton Abbey" where he provided one of the rare yet delightful instances of shirtlessness in that program.  Clearly, from the photo above, he is no stranger to taking his shirt off, nor should he be.  Now he's shooting a new show in New York called "Golden Boy" sporting a cute haircut and an American accent.  The thought of running into him somewhere in the city is really too much for this IMS President to imagine.  I once ran into another hunky actor from a cop show, Chris Meloni, in an elevator and was pretty much reduced to an idiotically smiling and nodding weirdo for our entire 60 floor ride.  But it does put a spring in my step to think that around any corner, Theo James may be shooting a scene, and if CBS knows anything about ratings, it will make sure that he is shirtless in as many of these scenes as possible.  Even though it snowed in New York today (and yes, it is March), I feel hopeful that some outdoor shirtless scenes could be in the air.

I won't say which IMS member requested Mr. James, but I will say that this photo is an homage to a time when this person and I looked at other bathtub photos together.  Since that episode was actually the moment when I realized that I was a Gay Icon, I hold the memory dear.  And I raise my glass to you, IMS member, for all the work you do to promote the cause.  More shirtlessness for all!

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: