Friday, April 26, 2013

A Cutie



Ever since Anthony Mackie did a segment on the Today Show with Al Roker about Bromances and Man Hugs, I have had a little crush on him.  He has a cute face and seems not to take himself too seriously, both of which are great accessories to shirtlessness.  However, until now, he never seemed to take his shirt off on film, but in his latest movie, "Pain & Gain," he appears to wear tank tops exclusively.  I applaud his movement toward shirtlessness.  He's playing a body-builder who turns to a life of crime, and so baring his torso makes perfect sense.  I'd venture to say that shirtlessness almost always makes sense, but I realize that I am biased.

In continuing my advocacy for good male shirtlessness, I'm happy to report that my latest play ends with the line "Take your shirt off!"  It's getting a reading this Monday at Ma-Yi Theatre, and while I can't insist that anyone take off his shirt for a reading, I am imagining full shirtlessness for the full production.  I'm so pleased that my advocacy has really taken hold in my writers' group.  Several of the plays being read for our LabFest this spring include shirtlessness.  I only wish my advocacy for women and people of color could also take off so spectacularly, but I guess, all in good time.  Until then, I continue to be...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: