Friday, July 26, 2013

Mutant Shirtlessness

"The Wolverine" opened last night, and obviously it will be an IMS sanctioned film.  I saw the preview before "Man of Steel" last week, and Hugh Jackman will not disappoint on the shirtlessness front for sure.  Mr. Jackman has been a reliable source of shirtlessness over the years, but what I like even more about him than his shirtlessness is his gentlemanliness.  After all, who was the only person to get out of his seat and try to help Jennifer Lawrence when she stumbled up the steps to make her Oscar acceptance speech?  Hugh Jackman.  Who sells his sweaty towels for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS after every Broadway show that he does?  Hugh Jackman.  Who adopted mixed race children because he felt they were overlooked in the system?  Hugh Jackman.  So while he looks so huge in this movie that I suspect he had to eat chicken breast every two hours for months, my real admiration for Mr. Jackman comes from the fact that he seems always to be trying to help.  Hurrah for him!

I'm sure that I will organize an outing to see the movie, although not until later in the month because I seem to be very busy celebrating love for the next few weeks.  I have found myself in the position of having three weddings to attend in the next month along with all of the accompanying activities, and so trying to make time for shirtlessness will be difficult.  But I'm sure it can be done.  I am nothing if not committed to the cause.  Until Monday, I remain...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: