Saturday, September 14, 2013

Getting Back on Track


A few readers have recently nudged me about the lack of diversity in the last two posts, and so I am returning to the ever-popular Buzzfeed list to highlight some Asian hotties who should take their shirts off on tv more often.  I'm not sure how I missed James Kyson Lee on "Heroes," but his above pictured abs need to be seen more often.  They are kind of ridiculous.

Lately, I've noticed a downturn in traffic to the blog, and sometimes I ask myself if this is the result of my erratic Time Warner Cable-influenced posting schedule, or if in fact the cause has become passe.  I mean, shirtlessness has become more and more prevalent in the years since the blog began.  Perhaps some feel that there is no need to rally anymore.  But then I wonder if this movement is going the way of feminism, accepted to a certain degree until it makes people really uncomfortable.  Because for a short period of time, the "Blurred Lines" parody was taken off of YouTube for offensive content while the real video (which is far more offensive in my opinion) continued to play and play to adolescent boys across the land.  Perhaps the culture has accepted the reality of the female and gay male gaze, but only to a point.  If men are truly objectified in the same ways as women, is it too much?  Have we become complacent?  I put these questions out to you, gentle readers, even as I remain...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: