Monday, September 30, 2013

They Are Shirtless

Although I missed the premier tonight, another IMS member was kind enough to report that the above show contained a lot of shirtlessness.  She did not say much about the rest of the show, but I thought it was worth noting.  I was busy re-writing my latest play for the 4th time and trying to figure out a way to get more shirtlessness included when this program aired.  I'll admit that the poster intrigued me - first by the fact that two of the men in the title are brown (Tony Shaloub is technically a brown man as a Lebanese American), and second by the fact that the shirtlessness is out there but not particularly flattering.  Frankly most bodies in motion don't look great in freeze frame, unless of course you are an Olympic swimmer, and I thought it was brave of these guys to put it out there in conditions not conducive to good shirtlessness.  I won't rib Kal Penn too hard for not taking his shirt off until I see the show. 

I'll admit that on the eve of a government shutdown, it is hard to focus on male shirtlessness.  My only hope is that one day the Congressional stand-offs will end while good male shirtlessness will endure.  While it is difficult to keep the faith in these trying times, I ask you all to stand with me in that hope.  Until every man takes his shirt off or we go off the fiscal cliff, I remain...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: