Monday, April 20, 2009

Reasons to Watch Brothers & Sisters

Just when I get to the point of hopelessness wondering why I continue to watch B&S, they give me Christian de la Fuente shirtless in a supply closet getting it on with Rachel Griffiths and I remember why. The episode started out with some unfortunate shirtlessness from Ryan, the latest unintersting Walker sibling to show up on Sunday nights. Since he is on the cover of W magazine, I take it that he is being groomed to be the next hot young thing, but he does not meet the two point standard of either fitness or seeing the sun. I audibly groaned during the shot and asked the television, "Is this it after three weeks of nothing?" Thankfully, that was not it. Because then Cal showed up with his tight pants and his sexy accent, and I literally started clapping when he took off his shirt. Sometimes, it is worth the wait.

I wonder why I am having such a reaction to men who give good shirtlessness, speak Romance languages, and do really well on "Dancing with the Stars?" I'm sure it is some sort of infallible recipe for sexy, and I clearly cannot get enough! I have to hold on to these two excellent leaders of the cause especially after reading an article in the New York Times last week about how male stars gain weight as they age but retain their star power and paychecks. While I am all for a realistic expectation of bodies as they age, I am struck by how this absolutely does not happen for women. Why don't any of the Jenny Craig ads feature men who are trying to get their bathing shorts bodies back? The article even points out the decline in Kathleen Turner's career as it related to her age and body image. This is where IMS comes in. Not everyone can be Christian or Gilles, but we can all strive for fitness and some sun exposure, men and women alike.

Somehow winter has returned to New York. If it hadn't been for B&S last night, I would have no bounce in my step at all. The vice president of IMS also wants it pointed out that I was happy that a woman in my age category was the recipient of the good shirtlessness, although I don't know why he wants to pack me off to 40 so soon. I am vindicated whenever I see the smart gal getting the guy (B&S) instead of the girl with the largest breasts (Bachelor, Season 1). So thank you, B&S, and thank you, Mr. Vice President.

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: