Monday, April 27, 2009

Mutant Shirtlessness

Since "X-Men Origins" is opening this weekend, I thought I had to return to an old favorite of ours, Hugh Jackman. Now I think that this shirtlessness is a little bit scary with the bulgy eyes and the veins popping out of the arms and such, but I know that one person's scary could be another person's sexy. So here you have Wolverine, looking mad and working the shirtlessness for all that it is worth. Some friends of mine are organizing an outing to see the movie, and the topic that keeps coming up in the email chain is "Origins." Every time I see this subject line, I imagine that all these boys are attempting to get together to shop for facial products, and it makes me giggle. Sometimes shirtlessness can bring unexpected fun.

This weekend, we went from winter directly into summer. After wearing cords and a turtleneck a mere 7 days ago, I found myself digging around my closet for a sundress that would cover my legs which have not yet been prepped for the weather. Once I found said sundress, I was able to soak up lots of vitamin D in Bryant Park and observe a lot of decent shirtlessness. Let's face it, no one in New York has seen the sun in a very long time, and those few who have are now wondering whether they have swine flu. So I'm not going to be a stickler for the second point of my 2 point standard just yet, BUT I am encouraged by what I saw. New Yorkers do like to stay fit all year round, and in this transitional season, it is much appreciated.

I am now off to prep my legs for summertime, although I know that doing so will immediately prompt the sun to hide again. I don't care though since now that I've seen it, I know it exists. It's a little bit like shirtlessness - sometimes you just have to know that it's out there. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: