Monday, April 6, 2009

Suggested Shirtlessness

At a birthday brunch I attended yesterday, a lively discussion of Ryan Reynolds "Hot or Not?" kept the crowd enthralled for some time, and the birthday boy was kind enough to send me this picture in a clear vote for "Hot." He doesn't really do it for me, but I have to say that this picture does give me insight into why he does for others. I had no idea all that was going on under his shirt. It's very nice and does warm me up towards the man. I am feeling a little bit sad, though, that his knee pad shows under his pants. Having done 700 performances of "The King & I" in which I was constantly taking my knee pads on and off so that they wouldn't show makes me a bit of a stickler for these things. Clearly, I should stay focused above the waist.

In California last week where the sun actually does shine for days in a row (but I am not a bitter New Yorker), I saw quite a bit of live shirtlessness. I forget that in the spring, men like to take off their shirts spontaneously. That was a nice perk to my trip! Hurrah for spring! If it would only come here.

I also learned that there is apparently a lot of shirtlessness and, in fact, full frontal nudity in "The Watchmen." Since we advocate for shirtlessness only, I cannot vouch for the movie, but pickings have been so slim, I thought I should offer it as an option for all of you IMS members out there struggling to find some good male shirtlessness in the world. I continue to hope someone will take his shirt off in my yoga class. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo!!! my brunch made the blog!!! and Ryan Reynolds!!! thank you thank you!

Nandita said...

Of course, your brunch made it to the blog! It was a stimulating conversation that I thought needed to be shared with the rest of IMS!