Monday, December 14, 2009

Bond Revisited


Although I am not caught up on all of the episodes of Ugly Betty, I will say that I caught up on the important parts. How no one called me immediately after this episode is unfathomable to me. Good male shirtlessness plus water? You know how that combination makes me weak in the knees! I had called for Connor's shirtlessness last year, and I am so grateful that they did it and they did it right. This YouTube video is also saved on my toolbar so that I can watch it once a day. Unbelievable!

Interestingly enough, I think that ABC is trying to save UB by moving it to Wednesday night in January. This is going to be a tough night, going up against Glee, but if they can keep the good shirtlessness coming, I know which one I'll be watching even if there is a big theater queen living inside me.

In the meantime, I would like to address the makeover of Betty. Obviously they are trying to make Betty more attractive so that it seems like she has actually worked at a fashion magazine for a few years. I like how she still chooses colorful outfits but with fewer prints. I do take issue, however, with the straight hair equals prettier thing going on. This is exactly what they did to Anne Hathaway in the "Princess Diaries." Betty's hair just keeps getting straighter and straighter, and on behalf of curly-haired girls all over, I'd like to say that curls are beautiful and upscale too. And you shouldn't have to have Debra Messing's stylist in order to wear them on television. I know I could start another whole blog on the topic of women's hair in the media and how it puts ethnic women at a distinct disadvantage, but I'll refrain so that I can stay true to the cause. I hope that one day we'll be able to have good male shirtlessness and curly hair all over the place! Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: