Friday, December 11, 2009

Searching for Holiday Shirtlessness

From the ads for the new Sherlock Holmes movie coming out on Christmas, there appears to be a fresh batch of good male shirtlessness on the horizon. In an otherwise bleak holiday season, it brings me comfort to know that I can see Robert Downey, Jr. shirtless and tied to a bed for $12.50. I also noticed some shirtlessness in George Clooney's new film "Up in the Air" and in Meryl Streep's upcoming "It's Complicated" although I have gone on the record saying that I do not approve of Alec Baldwin shirtless. Nonetheless, it's nice to see a big Hollywood film in which the male star has to take his shirt off while the female star does not. Maybe the tables are turning slightly.

I am going to try to catch up on several weeks of "Ugly Betty" this weekend since I hear there is some fantastic shirtlessness to be had on that show. I don't know why ABC moved UB to Friday other than in an attempt to kill it. Even Jane Austen-loving me usually has something to do on Friday night, and I can only keep up with so many shows at once. Hopefully, I will have something good to report on Monday. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: