Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Shirtlessness

As holiday specials that do not feature good male shirtlessness have taken over the final prime time hours of the year, I thought I would offer a holiday special of a more home-grown variety. Some friends of mine created this holiday greeting which I think exemplifies how good shirtlessness can add to almost any occasion. Tony took pictures of Mike demonstrating adherence to the 2 Point Standard of Fitness and Seeing the Sun while wishing us all well. I like the jaunty use of the scarf as well as the soft focus on the edges! Thank you Tony and Mike for sharing your creative use of good shirtlessness with us at a time when we need it and continuing to promote the cause while spreading good cheer!

There was a big storm in the Northeast over the weekend. I find that a storm can transform New York into a pretty, fluffy, and friendly place. People help each other over snow drifts and hold the doors. Everything looks pretty under a layer of white. And for one day, work and obligations can wait while we take the time to play and enjoy Mother Nature. My wish is for more snow storm days in 2010, perhaps figuratively more than literally because the charm of 20 inches of snow wears off pretty quickly. And I hope that there is always some good male shirtlessness to come home to, waiting with a cup of hot chocolate. I will be taking Christmas Day off, and so these are my holiday wishes for you, brave IMS members. I'll be back on Monday. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS