Friday, December 18, 2009

Ode to a Secret Santa

Last night, my writers' lab had its Secret Santa festivities, and I have to say that mine was the best! Dustin Chinn gave me the Asian Pacific Male 2010 Calendar, filled with lots of shirtless pictures of Asian Pacific men, including the above pictured Yul Kwon, in various interesting locations. Not only does this gift fulfill my shirtlessness quotient, but all of the proceeds go to Asian Pacific Health Care Venture, Inc, a health care center that provides quality services in a culturally competent manner in Los Angeles. Shirtlessness for a good cause - what better present could anyone get for the President of IMS?

Not only was the gift great in and of itself for obvious reasons, but it sparked the most fascinating discussion amongst many of the writers. Some of us took turns deciding who we would marry, who we would not, and who made a great martini. Mr. August, who holds a tire in his photo, started quite a bit of debate about why one might hold a tire for a shirtless calendar. I will say that I wish the vice president of IMS had been the stylist on this shoot because I think he would have made some interesting choices and we probably would have lost the tire. But tire or no tire, the calendar is great. I love it!

For those of you who were wondering, Mr. Kwon (who was declared the husband of several people in my lab last night) looks so familiar because he is the winner of "Survivor: Cook Island" in 2006. Apparently this is the man that you want stranded on a desert island. He's Mr. December, and I think he'll be worth the wait. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: