Friday, August 20, 2010

A Good Move for Connor

How happy am I to find out that Grant Bowler after his amazing stint on "Ugly Betty" and that coming out of the water scene has joined the cast of "True Blood," ensuring that his shirtlessness will go on? Very happy. I clearly need to get HBO to increase my shirtlessness quotient. Hopefully the universe will hear my call and respond by providing me with a job that lasts long enough to justify raising my cable bill. Ah the delicate balance of being a performing artist while trying to maintain an acceptable level of shirtlessness!

My show opens tonight, and although I was not able to advocate for any shirtlessness in it, I am incredibly proud of the work. I have an absolutely adorable cast who has worked hard to incorporate all of the movement into their characters in a most organic and natural way. It has been a joy to work with all of them and with the creative staff. Since this was my first time choreographing an entire show, the process was filled with stress and insecurity, but I am grateful to find out that even in one's late 30's, it is possible to rise to new challenges.

I continue to challenge all of you IMS members to advocate for good male shirtlessness, far and wide. Anything is possible! Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: