Friday, August 27, 2010

Oh Brad!

I'm feeling nostalgic again for the days when couples kept their own names and Brad Pitt had short blod hair. Oh, those were the good old days! I was not able to post on Monday because I was visiting my parents who for some unknown reason decided to cancel their internet service. I think my dad thinks that the internet is a passing fad, and I didn't really have the heart to explain the truth to him. For three internet free days, I did harken back to a time when the news cycle was not constant, and I could watch "Law & Order" reruns without interruption from the comfort of my bed. But back in the gritty city, I am reminded that indeed the internet is here to stay, and Brangelina no longer knows what his natural hair color is. The good news is that shirtlessness seems to be becoming the norm. One cheer for progress!

I was watching a rerun of "The Middle" the other night and noticed that the oldest son in that show seems to be shirtless all the time. Now granted, he is a teenager and very pale, but he walks around the show without a shirt and without anyone commenting on it. I have to wonder if the next generation of males is being trained to believe that good shirtlessness is their duty and responsibility? I can only hope! IMS members, we are a subtle but powerful group. Don't give up the fight!

Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: