Monday, August 30, 2010

Anticipating Shirtlessness

Okay, I know this is not an actual shirtless picture of everyone's favorite actor, gorgeous George Clooney, but I also know for a fact that he will be shirtless in this film. So I'm posting it and feeling happy that in the next week, I will be feasting my eyes on some excellent shirtlessness. I hope you, brave IMS members, will feel happy too. Apparently some shirtless photos will also be coming out in W magazine, and I will be sure to post those just as soon as I can. But for now, we will just have to enjoy this still of him in a suit which frankly is a look that I have always loved on him. I think that if you can't have shirtlessness, the next best thing is a well cut suit. I offer "Ocean's 11" in support of this theory.

In any case, I'm readjusting to life in New York where I don't have to recycle quite as maniacally as in Ithaca, although I am trying to keep the recycling flame alive. I have been separating my tea bag wrappers from the tea bags and wondering how much landfill would be saved, if people would simply take this one step. It boggles the mind to think how much could be changed with small adjustments in lifestyle like unplugging chargers and turning off the lights, and yet so many people are unwilling to make even these small changes. Clearly things like derivative trading, health insurance, and the tax code are not going to be adjusted in my lifetime. Whenever I start to think about overwhelmingly negative things of this nature, I go back to the touchstone of good male shirtlessness and think that at least one thing is going in a positive direction - there is more good male shirtlessness every day. Phew!

It's good to have something positive to think about when the facts of life seem overwhelmingly negative. The work we do is important. Don't stop advocating for good male shirtlessness. As you know, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: