Friday, August 6, 2010

Shirtlessness for Good and Not Evil

So apparently filming has begun on an Asian version of Jersey Shore called "K-Town," and I am baffled as to how assimilation has led to ethnic versions of bad television shows. I shouldn't really speak since I have never watched the "Jersey Shore," and reading last week's People magazine expose on its inhabitants (What do you call people on a reality show that isn't a contest? Characters? Members?) did not make me want to start. The only thing that seems positive is that a certain Mr. Peter Le is getting a lot of attention for his abs in the same vein as his white counterpart, "The Situation." I'm not really sure if this is progress, folks. Even I have to draw the line somewhere, and it seems like there should be other ways to recognize the rocking abs of Asian men than bootlegging a reality television show that celebrates the idiocy of its cast.

Currently I am working very hard on trying to figure out how to make my Spelling Bee cast take off their shirts in the show. Being a choreographer has been fun so far since I tell the cast what to do and they do it. Today I made everyone fall on the floor. It seems like I should be able to make shirts disappear. But I do feel a little bit awkward about it since the actors are portraying children in middle school. Perhaps inappropriate? Well, maybe this show will lead to another show in which male shirtlessness would not offend. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: