Monday, December 13, 2010

Continued Shirtlessness

Watch the full episode. See more SundayArts.

Sorry for the late post. Certain exciting events in my life have preempted the blog for this week along with the fact that I was once again in a place without internet on Friday. So instead of a picture, I am giving you a whole video about the often shirtless men of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater and the creation of one of its more recent shirtless works, "The Hunt." I liked watching this video because I got to learn more about a piece that I have seen once. Also the dancers in the video are a different cast than who I saw perform, and I like trying to glean how the dancer affects the choreography. In any case, I hope you will enjoy this extra dose of shirtlessness on a cold Monday.

So it looks like the shows are trying to wrap it up before Christmas. I found that B&S has descended into farce this season, and Nora's Christmas Carol dream in last night's episode simply exemplified how ridiculous this show is. Particularly disgusting are the ads preceding the show about how the Walker children always get what they want on Christmas - I won't help the cause by telling you what store that they were advertising. Needless to say, I am impressed how presenting children as entitled brats could encourage people to shop more. I'm also impressed how every Walker liaison turns into a meaningful relationship. Even Kitty's coffee shop hook up has turned into a relationship in one short week. Just as she was cured of cancer in three, it only took her one week and several romps on a futon to introduce her new lover to her son. And that's the conservative person on the show. Why are we never given any time for anything to develop or simmer? Is television just so stupid that elongated plot lines are too much to follow? I certainly hope not!

I did like the cliff hanger on DH, however. I'm glad someone shot Paul Young because he was really bugging me. I only hope some new shirtlessness will be introduced on the show in the spring in his stead. It's only fair.

More on my good news in later posts, but suffice it to say that I will be spending the first half of the year in a place where there may be significantly higher shirtlessness than New York in the winter. Oh joy! Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: