Friday, December 3, 2010

Reasons to Get Shirtless

This holiday season, I thought I would offer some situations in which shirtlessness could be wildly appropriate, and above is one of my favorites - washing a woman's hair. As Ryan Gosling is demonstrating in "The Notebook," it is very helpful to be shirtless when washing the hair of your beloved. I like it. The secretary of IMS requested Mr. Gosling a few weeks ago, and it took me a while to find a picture which was not taken by the paparazzi or with Kirsten Dunst. While Ms. Dunst may be a very nice person, she appears to never wear a bra, and I cannot post a picture of her on my blog lest it appear that I am promoting bralessness which I most certainly am not. Also, I really enjoy Rachel McAdams pictured here. Finally not only did I enjoy this scene for itself, but it also reminds me of the iconic scene in "Out of Africa" where Robert Redford washes Meryl Streep's hair. Although everyone keeps their shirts on in that scene, it is just so romantic and sexy that it makes me swoon a little bit. But I digress...

So rehearsals have begun for my play in Silver Spring, MD, and I am a bit overwhelmed by the fact that is happening at all. Less than 20% of plays produced in the USA are written by women, and the number goes down for women of color, and so I am pleased to have an actual production of my work occur. I wish the show were closer to home so that I could be more involved, but alas, I am not able to leave New York for that long. In any case, I am excited to see how the show develops over the next month, and working very hard on trying to get some shirtlessness into the script.

I'm hoping that December tv does not turn into all reruns and holiday cartoons. New shirtlessness is often the key to making it through the holidays. Please feel free to post suggestions if you have any. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: