Saturday, February 5, 2011

Superbowl Shirtlessness

Before Superbowl Sunday, it seemed only right to post an athlete from one of the competing teams as suggested by one of the most recent members of IMS, and so I present Troy Polamalu, a Pittsburgh Steeler of Samoan descent who has insured his hair for a reported $3 million since he is also a spokesperson for Head and Shoulders Shampoo. He also seems to give pretty good shirtlessness. Since having my heart broken by the Buffalo Bills every year of college, I have made it a point not to follow football, but I was lucky enough to have some help from fellow IMS members to find Mr. Polamalu. I also like his last name; it rolls off the tongue.

In other news, the first show of the season opened here in Montgomery. Since we opened to a 10am matinee for high school students, there was relatively little fanfare, but locking a show in always gives one a sense of satisfaction. I'm glad to have one show under my belt and start the next tomorrow. Perhaps there will be new chances at good shirtlessness in "Much Ado..."

In the meantime, if you are looking for a quick fix for your shirtless needs, apparently Del Monte has created a ice cream pop version of Daniel Craig's torso. One of my cast mates alerted me to this important development in the frozen treat world. I don't know if I'm more sad that I don't have one of these frozen delights than that I didn't come up with this brilliant idea. While I doubt I will find one of these treats anytime soon given the freezing temperatures, I am really looking forward to trying one this summer. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: