Monday, September 12, 2011

In the Beginning

Okay, so Mick Jagger does not quite fit the 2 Point Standard of our day since he has never seemed to be one for the sun; he did kind of start it all with his shirtless strutting. His antics made other rock stars say "Hey, I might want to take off my shirt in concert and should probably look good doing it." So thank you, Mick! You kicked off the era of Good Male Shirtlessness. We at IMS are grateful for it.

I missed posting on Friday because I was sucked into the coverage of 9/11. Some things (though not many) are more important than male shirtlessness. Remembering the lives lost that day as well as the lives lost since then in the wars that day precipitated is one of those things in my mind. I can't believe 10 years have passed. I wonder what we will think of it after another 10. I hope perhaps more people will be inspired to try to make the world a better place rather than tear it apart. Gentle IMS members, please try to remember that as you continue to make the world more beautiful by promoting good male shirtlessness. Be kind. Give to charity. Smile at someone. As you go forth with love and peace, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: