Friday, September 30, 2011

Apologies Jonathan Cake


Several hours after posting on Monday, I realized that there was shirtlessness on Sunday's season premier of DH. It was just that lines uttered while shirtless were so preposterous that it was immediately erased from my short term memory. Indeed, Jonathan Cake who has the thankless job of playing Bree's cop boyfriend on DH took off his shirt early in the episode. Sadly he was also forced to utter the line, "No offense, but you do that like a professional" after a vigorous session of lovemaking. Call me crazy, but being told I am like a prostitute after sex is not a turn on. If this is all that anyone can come up with for pillow talk, then there can be no surprise as to why this is the final season of DH. But my apologies to Mr. Cake - his good shirtlessness is duly noted.

This leads me to believe that there are some bad accessories to shirtlessness, honestly a topic I have never before considered. Indeed, if even the best of shirtlessness is accompanied by as horrible a line as quoted above, then the shirtlessness does lose all appeal. Truly, I never thought there could be such a circumstance before now! So my sage advice is that if you have nothing to accompany your good shirtlessness, please remain silent.

I'm pleased to report that most of the shows that I have attended in the past month have featured some good shirtlessness. I think that the work of IMS has infiltrated the Off-Broadway community because it's rare to go to a play without shirtlessness these days. I can't complain. It makes the bad plays a little more pleasant and the good ones really amazing! Carry on, brave IMS members; we must carry our message to Off-Broadway and beyond! Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: