Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mid-week Shirtlessness


Gentle IMS members, once again I find myself having apologize for not sticking to my posting schedule due to illness. Actually on Friday I was working as a standardized patient at a New York medical school which was a very long day, and by Monday, I had succumbed to yet another cold, and this on the eve of the first day of spring. I can't believe how sick I have been this winter. While I am queen of the nervous tummy, I generally do not get colds. During this, the second mildest winter recorded, I seem to have gotten three. I hate being sick as it dampens my enthusiasm for almost everything, even shirtlessness. So to cheer myself and you up, I give you David Gandy, my former show boyfriend. Recently he has been seen wearing shirts in the Banana Republic ad campaign, but a vast majority of his work is shirtless. No need to ask why.

Looking over his body of work online, I have to wonder what it must be like to be known mainly for one's shirtlessness. Even Gilles Marini who was once known simply as "the naked guy from Sex and the City" has had the chance to speak and charm us with his accent and his politesse. But Mr. Gandy simply appears as a beautiful torso, over and over again. I feel a little bit sad for him. But only a little bit. If he wanted to speak, no doubt someone would listen which is more than I can say for most people. In any case, examining his work reminded me that while shirtlessness is a wonderful state of being that we should strive for, it is not the only state. In my cold-headed delirium I fantasize about a world where men are shirtless and kind. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: