Monday, April 16, 2012

Coming and Going

I am still getting over the use of shirtlessness as a fundraising tool (sheer brilliance!) and so I had to repost the savvy Chris Doi from a different angle to examine his true commitment to his cause of Asian theater and inadvertently our cause of good male shirtlessness. Given that I work with several theater companies on a regular basis and have already used male shirtlessness once to help raise money for my writers' lab to buy a new copier, I think shirtlessness might take on a more immediate role in my life. At least, a girl can hope!

As it turns out, I have been asked to write a short play with another fellow playwright for a short play series called "Fifteen" at the Walkerspace in SoHo next weekend. We created a scenario in which it would be perfectly natural for one of our actors to be shirtless for the entire play. I am also directing another play in the series, and when the writer realized that she was working with me, she immediately asked the actors if they were comfortable being shirtless. While many writers and directors take years to discover their aesthetic, I think I have finally figured out what mine is: shirtlessness. It seems that people have come to expect male shirtlessness from me. I can't disappoint, and so I continue to be...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: