Monday, August 27, 2012

Thanks Ryan!

Recently a friend and reader sent me a link to a hilarious website of Ryan Gosling "Hey Girl" photos with feminist statements that made me laugh out loud.  And I'll admit that I had no idea who he was talking about in some of the photos which shows a serious gap in my knowledge of feminist thinkers.  That said, I love that images of Ryan Gosling including many shirtless ones are being used for good and not evil.  I encourage you all to check out the "Feminist Ryan Gosling" while I run to Housing Works to buy myself a copy of the book.  You never know when you might need a picture book to restore your faith in men.  Given our current anti-female political climate, I have a feeling that I will be reading this book a lot over the coming months.  Shirtlessness and feminism - a winning combination that IMS stands by unequivocally.  In fact this is the combo that started IMS in the first place!  So thank you Ryan Gosling for letting your good shirtlessness be used to promote a society in which women are valued and treated like equals.  Although I know that this is the dream Ryan Gosling and not the real one, I suspect that if he didn't agree with the cause a little bit, he would have shut all these websites down.  So thanks Ryan for supporting the cause.

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS



No comments: