Friday, August 17, 2012

Horray for Bollywood!

Just back from my two week trip to India, I felt it was only right that I post a Bollywood hero.  I have to say that there is a lot of shirtlessness in India, not all of it good, but certainly plentiful.  My first day in India was filled with shirtlessness as I spent it at an Hindu wedding in which no less than 6 priests strutted around without shirts and at one point made my uncle take off his shirt to give away his daughter, the bride.  But as I said, this was not the type of shirtlessness that I spend time pining for in this blog.  Seeing the sun is never a problem for Indian men, but fitness is not always at the top of any priest's list of things to do.  In any case, a few days later when I went to the beauty parlor for a spa service at my hotel, I noticed a Men's Health magazine featuring a shirtless Hrithik Roshan, and I thought "Here is the kind of shirtlessness this IMS President can support."  Mr. Roshan is almost too much for me.  He appears to have my waist and the shoulder span of an NFL linebacker.  I don't really understand how his body is humanly possible.  But the next day, I bought the magazine.  Who cares how it's possible?  Just be happy that it is!

I'm still recovering from jetlag and the trauma of spending two solid weeks with my family.  I hope that my Monday, I'll be back to my pithy, Eastern Standard time self.  Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: