Friday, October 12, 2012

Preparing for Shirtlessness


One of the actors in my shirtless play last month told me that she filmed a scene on "30 Rock" that included excellent shirtlessness.  I watched the show last night, and indeed her scene featured Tina Fey and James Marsden getting busy on the floor of a Staples sans his shirt.  There are many things about this scene that made me happy:  1) My friend was in it being hilarious, 2) James Marsden took off his shirt (obviously), 3) James Marsden is Liz Lemon's love interest which gives me hope that some day soon, I too will find a cute guy who gives good shirtlessness to sweep me off my feet or at least to sweep around the house, 4) someone thought to set a love scene in a Staples which appeals to my nerdy and organized side, and 5) Mr. Marsden is allowing himself to go grey which appeals to the part of me which wishes I didn't have to color my hair.  I rarely see "30 Rock" since it is on Thursday nights when I am usually in my writers' lab, but I have to say it never disappoints when I do catch it.  I only wonder why Alec Baldwin continues to dye his hair that unnatural color, but that is probably worth pondering in some other forum.

In honor of my friend's scene and Mr. Marsden's new short and grey look, I post this picture of him, obviously preparing himself for shirtlessness.  May many others do the same!  Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nandita, bravo! I love that you have created this forum. It's awesome. And thank you for taking time to watch. It means the world to me. AND, I love how our worlds are beginning to come together.

Nandita said...

Thanks dear! I loved watching both for you and the shirtlessness. I think funny is a great accessory to shirtlessness, as you may have surmised from my play!