Monday, October 1, 2012

Ballet Boyz!



A crazy work day on Friday which began at 7am in Durham, NC and ended at City Center in midtown Manhattan prevented me from posting.  This day included a very bumpy ride in a very small plane into LaGuardia airport followed by a frantic cab ride home followed by a one-stop ride on the subway.  Planes, trains, and automobiles.  The good news is that the night did end with some good male shirtlessness at the Fall for Dance Concert at New York's recently renovated City Center.  I love Fall for Dance for its amazing sampling of art.  Every year, I get to see a mixed program of dance companies from all over the world presenting a wide variety of styles and techniques.  This year, one of the pieces even featured some male shirtlessness.  When I saw the name "BalletBoyz" on the program, I remarked to my companion that I hoped the boyz would take their shirts off.  When exactly that happened, we high fived in the dark.  Although the piece was not my favorite of the night (that distinction went to the Nederlands Danz Theater), I did gasp audibly at the end when the lights went out on all the Ballet Boyz mid-air.  Riotous applause followed.  It was a good night at the theater.

In any case, I have a relatively slow-paced week this week and look forward to posting more shirtlessness on Friday before dashing off to Durham again.  Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: