Monday, May 5, 2008

Getting Warmer, ABC

While this is not exactly what we got on "Brothers & Sisters" tonight, I will say that I was happy to have a little bit of shirtless Rob Lowe action tonight and post this picture from fortunecity.com as an homage to the former teen heartthrob. I was happy for two reasons: 1) There was finally some shirtlessness on Sunday night, and 2) I once hosted a Rob Lowe film festival in 8th grade that featured such fine films as "Class" and "Youngblood" and tonight's brief shirtless scene with Calista Flockhart made me wax nostalgic. I could do without the endless baby-making chatter, but accept it as a by-product of good shirtlessness. Other good news is that there will definitely be some excellent shirtlessness on GA this Thursday because McSteamy was in all the commercials sans jacket, turtleneck, or anything else on his torso. Hurrah! Also, it looks like Barry Watson will be shirtless on "Samantha Who," and I feel like ABC is making a concerted effort to make up for lost time in these final moments of the season. Not a moment too soon. Finally, the last alert is that there may be early morning shirtlessness of the very best kind on the "Today" show on Monday morning when Anne Curry interviews Daniel Craig on the set of the new Bond film. She hinted that she may try to get into his dressing room on Friday's show, and all I can say is "You go, Anne Curry, and get that story if you have to rush his dressing room while he happens not to have his shirt on." I support good journalism!

For those of you who wondered, the reading of my play went fantastically well. People laughed and clapped like crazy, and I really spent the evening in shock that other people could relate to an Indian girl who is obsessed with Jane Austen. It was a heartwarming experience, and I have my fabulous actors to thank for such a momentous evening. Taniya Sen, Cindy Cheung, JP Chan, Peter Hilton, and Ruth Moore did an amazing job of bringing my play to life with the help of the wonderful director, Michael Babin, and I have to take one moment away from shirtlessness to give them a shout out. The next question is how well will people relate to the story of an Indian girl obsessed with shirtlessness?

I must get some rest for the Today Show tomorrow. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: