Monday, March 30, 2009

Midnight Shirtlessness


Okay, I know the above post is more of a shirtless drawing than a picture, but what can I say? Times are tough. With no new television for another three weeks, I have been forced to fantasize about the Nora Roberts' movies whose common thread seems to be good male shirtlessness judging from the posters plastered all over the subway (see above). If only I had Lifetime, I would be watching these made-for-television movies to help me pass the time until a new episode of Desperate Housewives. I think it is also worth noting that the production above does feature Rose from GA last season. Apparently she was very good in "Midnight Bayou" according to the vice president of IMS who does have Lifetime and watched it.

I checked out that new show "Kings" on NBC last night in hopes of finding a new alternative source of male shirtlessness, but alas there was none. The posters for this show have been all over the subway for months, but until last night, I really had no idea of what it was about. The poster made it look like it was about a borough of New York called "Kings" (instead of Queens?), but I found out that it actually is about a monarch. I applaud the strong desi presence on the show and the casting of ethnic minorities without any discussion of how it's so weird that they are minorities, but other than that, I'm not really sure what to say.

I have to go out of town unexpectedly to help a friend in need and may not be able to post on Friday. I wish you all a good week and look forward to some good shirtlessness in a climate other than the permafreeze of New York. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: