Monday, June 14, 2010

Football Fever

World Cup madness has taken over in a way that I don't recall in past years. I realize that I am not a sporty person and don't follow much, but this year, I feel like I can barely get anyone to return a phone call because the games are so engrossing. I think also that this year, the games are actually on at times when people can easily watch them unlike past years when some of my friends would watch in the middle of the night. I'm not exactly sure how this works, since the Cup is being played in South Africa, but I'm glad that people everywhere are enjoying some exuberant shirtlessness as demonstrated above by Yuri Zhirkov of Russia celebrating Russia's victory over Finland at the qualifiers.

In the meantime, I have just started rehearsals for "Man of La Mancha" at the Hangar Theatre. I am staying on the Ithaca College campus and have been happy to discover that men play tennis shirtless here in Ithaca. Every time I walk to the rehearsal room, I'm delighted to discover some good shirtlessness on display. In the words of that beloved musical "Annie," I think I'm gonna like it here.

Rehearsal period is fast and furious, and so my posts will have to be brief. I do look forward to finding out what they else they do shirtless when the weather clears up. I will be sure to let you all know. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: