Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thank you, Madame Secretary!

Recently, one member of the IMS community has really been taking an active part in our advocacy mission and alerted me to several important developments on the male shirtlessness front, like Christiano Ronaldo posing for Armani underwear ads as pictured above. I'll admit that while I am in rehearsals for "Man of La Mancha" upstate, I am having a hard time staying focused on the cause and even missed posting yesterday, and it is in times like these, that it is important to have an active and motivated community. In reward for her hard work on behalf of good maleshirtlessness everywhere, I'd like to announce that the position of Secretary on the IMS board has been filled. While I'm sure she will not join the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pantsuits any time soon because she is just too fabulous to be caught in a pantsuit, I hope that this elevation in status will bring some joy into her life. Welcome, and thank you!

Let's also hear it for Mr. Ronaldo and his excellent underwear ads. This ad has made me rethink the shorts that they wear in soccer, but alas, I digress from our primary mission. Yesterday in rehearsal, one actor brought his laptop in order to follow the World Cup on our breaks. For a bunch of theater people, I was impressed by the interest around the room. We're a multifaceted group in this La Mancha cast. I'm looking forward to more antics ahead. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: