Friday, June 4, 2010

World Shirtlessness

For those IMS members who are getting excited about the World Cup (and I know you are out there!), here is a shirtless Chistiano Ronaldo to get your party started. He has clearly just ripped his shirt off in this shot and is now flexing and screaming. I'm hoping that there will be a lot of that during the World Cup this year. It will make for a fantastic summer!

My short play "Rule of Engagement" opened at the Gene Frankel Theater last night. I realized that this play is the pre-cursor to my shirtless play since the male character alludes to his buff physique at the end of the play, and now I think I need to write a play in which the male character starts out shirtless at the top of the play and stays that way for the whole thing. Then I could have an evening of short plays about shirtlessness! But seriously, it is always a joy to see a play come to life on stage, and I am exceptionally grateful to my actors for their hard work on making my words sing.

I'm off to my high school reunion this weekend. I am filled with both curiosity and dread. We all end up re-living high school for the rest of our lives anyway, and sometimes being faced with our own narratives can be scary. Hopefully there will be some fun surprises to distract me! Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: