Friday, July 29, 2011

Crazy Stupid Shirtlessness

Shots like this one make me laugh. Steve Carell's strategically placed head in front of a nude Ryan Gosling. I know I will like this movie because Ryan Gosling takes his shirt off in at least two scenes - definitely worth whatever astronomical sum they are charging for movies these days. I've been referring to this film as "Crazy, Stupid Abs." In any case, I'm happy to see that the romcom is making a resurgence. Two "Friends with Benefits" and "Crazy, Stupid Love" have received halfway decent reviews which gives me hope for the future. Let me qualify that my hope for the future is defined strictly in terms of romantic comedy and not in terms of the debt ceiling which currently seems like a needlessly hopeless situation.

I'm about to start rehearsals for the Rocky Horror Show at The Hangar Theatre and have suddenly realized that there is about to be a lot of shirtlessness in my life. I'm hoping the choreographer will let me rip off someone's shirt at some point in the show because that is what the President of IMS should do. We'll see! Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: