Monday, January 9, 2012

Modern Shirtlessness


More than one person has mentioned to me the wonderful male shirtlessness in the new Pina Bausch film. I mean they told me about how amazing the film and the dancing was too, but they pointed out the shirtlessness. It's good, I'm told. And in select cities, it's in 3D! So please do check out this tribute to the late choreographer and her work. I know I shall.

In the meantime, I have been remiss in following the traditional shirtless shows this week, mostly due to my incurable addiction to costume dramas, namely The Tudors and Downton Abbey. While The Tudors was an excellent source of shirtlessness in the early seasons, the latter years had barely any, and yet I kept watching. Similarly, I could have eaten up last night's premier episode of Downton Abbey with a spoon. No one took his shirt off, and quite honestly, there isn't a person in that cast whose shirt should come off since no one has seen the sun in quite a long time. But I loved it. I loved it!

The cold of January can be difficult for an IMS member. I'm grateful that there is a shirtless picture of Gilles Marini in my spice cabinet to keep me going until the the spring. I hope you all can find such stopgap measures as well. Until then, I am...

Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: